Race Bag Essentials
Packing up every weekend for a race can leave you exhausted, stressed and with sh*t everywhere.
Watch the video to see how I pack my bag for race day!!
Along with some special TIPS :)
I recently dug out my cycling sport bag to get ready for this weekends race, only to be confronted with a pile of odds n ends that had been complete neglected since the last race over 6 months ago. It wasn't pretty. There were half eaten bars, sticky gels, socks, piles of wrappers, bib numbers, and a few water bottles. After emptying, deciding what was trash and what was actually salvageable and a good dust bustering (seriously they still exist and are so useful!), I got to work repacking. This time I made a plan in order to have things packed neatly, quickly, and hopefully keep my season a little less stressful. We'll see in 6 months how this all worked for me... but for now, I'm sharing it with you in hopes that it helps ease your pre-race issues!
Essentials: The things you won't be able to race without.
- Computer/ Watch
- HR monitor
- Racing License
- Arm Warmers/Long gloves (you never know!)
- Water Bottles
- Saddle Bag ( you wont' race with it, but good to have on hand)
Nutrition: While your exact nutrition will vary from race to race depending on course duration/mileage... its good to keep a stock packed all the time.
- Gels/Chews (sport food is best for race day!)
- Extra Water
- Musette Bag (for potential feed zone)
- Immediate Recovery
- Pre + Post Meals (most races take place away from dining options!)
- Snacks you love (when you're feeling nervous, its best to have something you can snack on to calm + get calories in)
Extras: This list is my must have extras, make your own, but try to keep it scaled down. This is where things can get over packed and messy.
- Clothing (always bring a WARM option)
- Stick/Foam Roller/ Compression Socks/Sleeves
- Wipes/Cleansing Cloths
- Safety Pins
- Hair Brush (ladies...)
- Contacts (always a must to bring an extra pair!)